People of all ages can benefit from chiropractic care, including infants and small children. Pediatric chiropractic treatment is a way to monitor a child's physical development and address symptoms that are causing them discomfort. Located in Panama City, FL, Beach Chiropractic Clinic provides chiropractic care to children of all ages.
What Is a Pediatric Chiropractic Treatment?
While all chiropractors are trained to identify and treat problems with the musculoskeletal system, a child's body is still growing and developing. Pediatric chiropractors have specialized training centered around the needs of infants, toddlers, and children. They use gentle, non-invasive techniques designed to be safe for children.
During pediatric chiropractic treatment, the chiropractor will typically perform a thorough assessment to identify any areas of concern or misalignments in the child's musculoskeletal system. Any problems a chiropractor identifies can be treated with techniques like soft tissue therapy and gentle adjustments.
How Your Child Can Benefit From Chiropractic Care
It's common for adults to experience back and neck pain, but many children also deal with chronic pain. Carrying heavy backpacks can put stress on the back and shoulders, and children may also struggle with growing pains or injuries. Not only can a chiropractor address these issues, but they can help your child in other ways. Some of the most notable benefits of pediatric chiropractic treatment include:
- Reduced risk of injury: Children are highly active, which puts them at risk for sprains, strains, and other injuries. A chiropractor can work to increase your child's muscle strength and flexibility, helping them to avoid injuries.
- More restful sleep: Aches and muscle soreness often cause sleep disturbances in children. Chiropractors can treat issues causing your child pain, allowing them to get the sleep they need.
- Stronger immune system: When the body is properly aligned, it can improve nervous system function, which can positively impact your child's immune system. Children are exposed to many illnesses, and regular chiropractic care could keep your child healthy.
- Fewer digestive issues: Many children struggle with tension in the digestive system, which can lead to chronic constipation and acid reflux. Chiropractors can relieve that tension, reducing the frequency of digestive problems.
- Better posture: Poor posture is a source of many health issues, including back pain and joint problems. Chiropractors can help children maintain a healthy posture, which will benefit them as they grow older.
Make an Appointment with a Pediatric Chiropractor in Panama City, FL
It's not too soon for your child to start chiropractic care. Pediatric chiropractic treatment is an excellent way to monitor your child as they develop and treat dysfunctions early on. Contact us at Beach Chiropractic Clinic to make an appointment for your child at 850-234-2387.